Don’t fall for these fake, malware-producing ChatGPT sites, apps
Everyone is talking about this biggest breakthrough in technology since the internet. ChatGPT has become one of the fastest growing AI-powered chatbots since its release in November 2022.
Click to receive Kurt’s Cybergy newsletter with quick tips, tech reviews, security alerts and easy ways to get you smarter
The new technology, known as ChatGPT, is designed to mimic human-like interactions and perform better than humans in a variety of contexts such as customer service, education and entertainment.
It can understand and respond to a wide range of conversational topics and can be integrated into a variety of applications and platforms.
Here comes the chatgpt imposters
Since it has become so popular, however, hackers are taking full advantage and are rapidly creating more and more scams to try to trick you into giving them access to your private and personal information.
5 Best Pet Trackers to Keep Your Dog or Cat Safe
How are hackers taking advantage of chatgpt?
Cyber security experts are keeping a close eye on these hackers and have found that hundreds of domains on the internet are already using the word “ChatGPT” to fool people.
One researcher, Dominic Alvieri, shared some of his findings Twitter page. One thing he found was a website called “chat-gpt-pc.online”, which is a site that tries to convince you to download ChatGPT from the site to use as a local application on your Windows computers.
These 50+ fake chatgpt apps are ready to steal
Once downloaded, however, it will install the Redline information-stealing malware on your devices. This type of malware steals information stored in your applications. So, if you’re someone who has Google Chrome store your passwords or credit card information, malware can pull the data and send it to a hacker.
Apple’s New Strategy to Get You to Buy More in a Tough Economy
There are also many fake ChatGPT apps found in the Google Play Store that use similar phishing scams.
Cyber security firm Cybele just reported that they found more than 50 fake ChatGPT apps and a download called “ChatGPT1” that uses SMS billing fraud to secretly subscribe its target to several paid services.
Crypto-mining malware attacking Apple Macs with pirated software
How can I prevent these scams from reaching me?
- it is necessary be careful When interacting with unknown profiles or chatbots, especially if they ask for personal information or seem too good to be true.
- Make sure Ask questions and verify authenticity Before clicking on any message or link.
- Avoid downloading files from unknown websitesAnd avoid opening untrustworthy links and email attachments.
- Be sure to keep your devices, operating systems, and applications updated to ensure you have the latest security patches.
- If you are interested in using ChatGPT, make sure you Go directly to OpenAI website And use it from there.
- Install antivirus protection – To make sure you have that extra layer of protection, you should install a fully reliable antivirus software on your device so that if you click on a link, you install malware on your device. be safe from I’ve broken down the top antivirus protection for Mac, PC, iOS and Android devices. Is my top choice Total AV And it includes real-time anti-malware protection that keeps your computers safe from the very latest threats.
Check out my expert review of the best antivirus protection for your Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices by searching.Best Antivirus” at CyberGuy.com by clicking on the magnifying glass icon at the top of my website.
Five disturbing examples of why AI isn’t there
Related: Facebook, Apple warn of new email scams targeting users
Have you seen these fake chatgpt scams? We want to hear your story.
Click here to get the Fox News app
For more of my tips, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions upon purchases.