Harry, Meghan Markle will expect $2.8M spent on Frogmore Cottage back: expert
According to a royal expert, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are trying to recoup the $2.8 million they spent renovating Frogmore Cottage because it is no longer theirs.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were given somewhat of an eviction notice by King Charles, who ordered the couple to “empty” the estate.
It is said that Harry and Meghan were left “upset” by the order disguised as a request, and will now be looking for a hefty refund to hit their accounts.
“I’m sure the bean counters at Buckingham Palace would have done something like that,” said Royal Editor of the Sunday Times, Roya Nikah. True Royalty TV “The Royal Beat.”
“I don’t think Buckingham Palace will give them notice, evict them and ignore the fact that there is some time left to run on the lease. Harry and Meghan renewed the lease last year, and I’m sure they’ll try to get that money back. “
“I don’t think it will be a problem – it’s more about optics,” he added, “meaning the king doesn’t care about the optics of that decision.”
“It is his decision; He is making it and he has,” added Nikha.
King Charles began the eviction process from the luxurious five-bedroom property back in January – a day after Harry’s bombshell memoir “Spare” hit shelves.
The house was gifted to the exiled royal family by the late Queen Elizabeth II, who died in September aged 96, as a wedding present.
that Allegedly She paid five months’ rent for the home after stepping down from the royal family in March 2020, before spending a total of $3.3 million to cover expenses, giving the home her license until March 31, 2022.
“The payment covers all their current obligations,” Sir Michael Stevens, Keeper of the Privy Purse, confirmed in 2021. “We are confident that this represents a good outcome.”
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made a significant contribution to the Sovereign Grant which covers the costs of refurbishing Frogmore Cottage.”
The former “Suits” actress and Harry now live here Their $14 million Montecito, Calif With 3 year old Archie and Daughter Lilibet, a.
The house has remained in the family since the Sussexes moved across the pond.
Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack have Brooksbank Lived at Frogmore From November 2020, but now Eugenie’s scandal-hit father Andrew will have to hand over the baton.
For his part, Andrew has recently been given the boot from Buckingham Palace and is looking at another potential eviction from the Royal Lodge – a residence in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
The Post has approached Buckingham Palace for comment.