Maharashtra budget 2023 Eknath Shinde fadnavis announces Rs 6000 for farmers tax reliefs for women latest news
Maharashtra: The Eknath Shinde-led Maharashtra government presented its first budget for 2023-24 on Thursday. Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Devendra Fadnavis presented the budget. The government has proposed big things including support for farmers, tax relief for women. Chief Minister Eknath Shinde described the budget as ‘historic and inclusive’.
- The Maharashtra government has proposed Rs 6,000 assistance to farmers and a Rs 1 crop insurance scheme. It also proposes professional tax relief for working women, 50 per cent discount on ticket fares in government buses and a new scheme for girl children.
- Fadnavis presented a revenue deficit budget of Rs 16,222 crore with a total expenditure of Rs 1,72,000 crore in the assembly.
- The government has proposed the ‘Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi’ scheme, under which every farmer in the state will be given Rs 6,000 in addition to the Rs 6,000 given by the Centre.
- Under the ‘Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi’, an amount of Rs 12,000 will be deposited in farmers’ accounts every year, including Rs 6,000 from the Centre.
- An additional expenditure of Rs 6,900 will be incurred in 2023-24. Around 1.15 crore farmer families will benefit from it,” Fadnavis said. The government has also announced a Rs 1 crop insurance scheme for farmers.
- “Farmers can register on the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana portal by paying a fee of Rs 1. The insurance premium will be paid by the government and not the farmers. The state government will incur an annual expenditure of Rs 3,312 crore for this scheme,” Fadnavis said. said
- “A new scheme for the empowerment of girls – ‘Lake Ladki’ – will be launched. For yellow and orange ration card holder families, a subsidy of Rs 5,000 will be given after the birth of a girl child, followed by Rs 4,000 (when she) class. 1, Rs 6,000 in Class 6 and Rs 8,000 in Class 11. After completing 18 years, the beneficiary girl will be given a cash amount of Rs 75,000,” he said.
- Fadnavis announced professional tax exemption for women with a monthly salary of up to Rs 25,000.
- The Finance Minister also announced a new scheme of ‘Shakti Sadan’ to provide shelter to distressed women facing sexual harassment or domestic violence. It will be launched with the help of the central government by combining the Swadhar, Ujjwala schemes.
- ‘Divyang’ (Specially Handicapped) people will also get exemption in Professional Tax. The definition of ‘disabled’ will be amended by amending the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
(With inputs from PTI)
Also read this | Manish Sisodia has been arrested by the ED on charges of money laundering related to Delhi’s liquor policy
Also read this | Sawal to Banta Hai | Telangana Chief Minister’s daughter K Kavita said that not me, but KCR is the real target