Punjab cabinet expansion updates punjab congress new ministers full list CM Charanjit Channi Punjab Cabinet ministers sw
A much-deserved expansion of the Punjab Cabinet took place on Sunday at the Governor’s House in Chandigarh. After marathon meetings with the Congress high command, the list of ministers for the new cabinet headed by Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi was finalized.
Channi has become the 16th Chief Minister of the state after Captain Amarinder Singh resigned from the top post of the state. A three-time MLA from Rupnagar’s Chamkaur Sahib is the first Dalit Chief Minister of the state.
Expansion of Punjab Cabinet: Key Points
- Those who could not be made ministers today will be included in the structure and organization of the government. Punjab Congress in-charge Harish Rawat said that this exercise has been done to bring in young faces and create social and regional balance.
- Amarinder Singh Raja Waring and Gurkirat Kotli also took oath as ministers in the Punjab government.
- Sangat Giljian, Pargat Singh took oath.
- Raj Kumar Verka took oath as Cabinet Minister
- MLAs Vijay Inder Singla, Bharat Bhushan Ashu and Randeep Singh Nabha took oath as Cabinet Ministers in Punjab Government.
- Razia Sultana took oath as Cabinet Minister
- Sukhbinder Sarkaria and Rana Gurjit Singh were sworn in as Cabinet Ministers by Governor Banwarilal Purohit.
- MLA Tripat Rajinder Singh Bajwa, Aruna Chaudhary took oath as Cabinet Minister
- Congress MLAs Brahm Mahindra and Manpreet Singh Badal took oath as cabinet ministers of the Punjab government.
- Congress MLAs reached Raj Bhavan in Chandigarh to attend the swearing-in ceremony of new ministers
The names for the Channi-led cabinet were agreed upon during a meeting with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and other senior party members in the national capital.
Jalandhar cantonment MLA Pargat Singh, who is believed to be close to the party’s state unit president Navjot Sidhu, is the general secretary of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee.
Channi was summoned to Delhi by the Congress high command on Friday to discuss the formation of the cabinet. The visit came hours after he returned from the national capital.
A total of 18 MLAs including Chief Minister Channi and his two deputies Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and OP Soni can be inducted into the cabinet.
Also Read: Punjab: Ministers of Amarinder Singh government questioned the decision to ‘drop’ them
Also Read: Rajasthan Next? Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka meets Sachin Pilot days after changing the leadership of Punjab