Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs once ‘threatened to hit’ pregnant Kimora Lee Simmons: report
Sean “Diddy” Combs once reportedly threatened Kimora Lee Simmons while she was pregnant years ago, according to a resurfaced 2004 interview.
Simmons, who was married to Def Jam Recordings founder Russell Simmons from 1998 until they separated in 2006, was profiled in New York magazine, in which a record executive is quoted saying Combs was “nasty” toward Simmons.
“There was a nasty cloudburst when Kimora said something to Combs and he threatened to hit her,” the record-industry executive recalled.
The Baby Phat founder chimed in: “And I was pregnant! The moron!”
After the alleged incident, the rapper, now 54, got down on his knees and publicly apologized.
“I respect him for being a fierce entrepreneur,” Simmons, now 48, says in the article. “And I appreciate knowing that everything he does is emulating my husband.”
The profile has resurfaced amid this week’s allegations against Combs. As The Post previously reported, singer Cassie, 37, filed a bombshell lawsuit against Diddy, her ex, on Thursday, accusing him of trafficking, rape and physical abuse multiple times through the years.
Cassie, whose real name is Casandra Ventura, and Combs had an on-and-off relationship for more than a decade before their split in 2018.
In the federal suit, she claimed that the music mogul also forced her to have sex with sex workers while he filmed, directed and masturbated.
“After years in silence and darkness,” Ventura said in a statement to the New York Times on Thursday, “I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships.”
As part of her lawsuit, the R&B singer, best known for her chart topper “Me & U,” also alleged that Diddy became angry when he learned that she dated Kid Cudi when she and Combs were not together.
“In February 2012 … Mr. Combs told Ms. Ventura that he was going to blow up Kid Cudi’s car and that he wanted to ensure that Kid Cudi was home with his friends when it happened,” read court documents obtained by The Post. “Around that time, Kid Cudi’s car exploded in his driveway.”
Through a spokeswoman, Kid Cudi confirmed Ventura’s account to the New York Times.
“This is all true,” he said.
The Post has reached out to Ventura’s, Combs’ and Simmons’ reps for comment.
Combs’ attorney, Ben Brafman, said his client “vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations.”
“For the past six months, Mr. Combs has been subjected to Ms. Ventura’s persistent demand of $30 million, under the threat of writing a damaging book about their relationship, which was unequivocally rejected as blatant blackmail,” Brafman said on Thursday. “Despite withdrawing her initial threat, Ms. Ventura has now resorted to filing a lawsuit riddled with baseless and outrageous lies, aiming to tarnish Mr. Combs’ reputation and seeking a payday.”
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-330-0226.